They Were Found DEAD At a Resort…Now We Know WHY

The cause of death for three Americans who were found dead at a Sandals resort in the Bahamas back in May has finally been revealed by authorities.

The Royal Bahamas Police Force stated in a news release that the tourists, Tennessee residents Michael Phillips, 68, and his wife, Robbie Phillips, 65, as well as Florida resident Vincent Paul Chiarella, 64 died “as a result of asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning.”

“At this juncture of the investigation, we can officially confirm that all three of the victims died as a result of asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning,” the Royal Bahamas Police Force revealed during the news release.

Sandals Emerald Bay resort personnel found the two couples in different villas on May 6. Donnis Chiarella, the 65-year-old wife of Vincent, had been rushed to a hospital in Florida after surviving and was giving a severe condition rating initially.

Bahamas Police Commissioner Paul Rolle shared back in May that the couples had eaten at various restaurants and were feeling ill the previous evening. They had also been visited by medical personnel before being discovered dead the following morning.

Authorities stated that the remains showed no evidence of trauma, and acting Prime Minister Chester Cooper of the Bahamas said there was no indication of foul play. Despite the causes of death listed in the most recent news release, the police department said that the incident still remains “under investigation” at this time.

“This matter remains under active investigation,” the Royal Bahamas Police Force said.

In a statement on Wednesday, Sandals Resorts spokesperson Stacy Royal said:

“Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members is and will always be paramount.

“We have taken additional measures such as engaging environmental safety experts for a comprehensive review of all systems across the resort. In addition, CO detectors have been placed in all guest rooms at Sandals Emerald Bay and detectors will be installed in all guest rooms throughout the portfolio.”

Watch it here: Youtube/Good Morning America

Sources: Dailycaller, Cbsnews, Mercurynews


Related Posts