South Dakota’s rising star: Governor Kristi Noem has announced that her administration is suing the Biden-Harris regime for their poltically motivated decision to cancel the annual Independence Day fireworks display and celebration at Mount Rushmore. On the orders of President Trump, the fireworks display which had been banned for a decade due to “wildfire” risks according to CNN was resumed in 2019.
According to Fox,
“The National Parks Service (NPS) notified South Dakota of its decision to ban the fireworks display last month, citing concerns about COVID-19, tribal objections and alleged danger to the park itself.
NPS Regional Director Herbert Frost wrote to South Dakota’s tourism office in March citing “potential risks to the park itself and to the health and safety of employees and visitors associated with the fireworks demonstration,” saying that they “continue to be a concern and are still being evaluated as a result of the 2020 event.
Frost added, “In addition, the park’s many tribal partners expressly oppose fireworks at the Memorial.”
Let’s Review Their Bullsh*t Excuses to ‘Cancel’ Mt. Rushmore
First let’s talk wildfires:
The Biden-Harris regime, committed as they are to erasing EVERYTHING the Trump administration did reversed the Mt. Rushmore decision this year. This politically motivated decision came despite a report from the National Parks Service which described the low frequency of wildfires in the area and placed an emphasis on the NPS’ ability to quickly engage and supress any fires that have occured.
“A significant wildfire has not occurred in the area within and surrounding the Memorial in more than a century,” NPS’ report read. “Previous fireworks displays resulted in 21 wildfire ignitions, which were quickly suppressed for safety and structural protection purposes.”
Soooo… there have been ZERO “Significant” wildfires near Mt. Rushmore since at least since at least 1920…. By the way, quick sidenote: the Mt. Rushmore sculpture was started in 1927 and wasn’t finished until 1941 and the mountain was DYNAMITED REPEATEDLY in the process, but there still hasn’t been a single “significant” wildfire.
Next, how about that COVID?
Governor Kristi Noem has vociferously rejected the White House’s alleged “concerns” regarding COVID19 transmission at the Independence Day celebration and pointed to the highly successful 2020 event. Following the 2020 event, comprehensive contact tracing efforts by the CDC revealed that ZERO cases of COVID occurred due to the celebration.
The Rapid City Journal reported,
“The state epidemiologist said Thursday that no contact tracing investigations have been reported to the health department that would reflect any COVID-19 exposure from the July 3 fireworks show at Mount Rushmore, which President Trump attended.
Joshua Clayton, state epidemiologist, said a spread of COVID-19 or a potential outbreak of the coronavirus at the July 3 fireworks event is “not something we have seen as a concern among South Dakota residents.”
The Department of Health has also “not received any reports from additional states that may have had individuals at the fireworks event,” Clayton said.”
Finally, the real reason: POLITICS
The only remaining reasons for the Biden-Harris regime’s decision to cancel the Independence Day festivities at Mt. Rushmore are all political. NPS Regional Direct Frost even cited one directly so we’ll start there.
- Frost said, “In addition, the park’s many tribal partners expressly oppose fireworks at the Memorial.” OF COURSE the nearby tribes are opposed to a fireworks display and celebration at the Memorial, they’ve been DEMANDING the removal of Mt. Rushmore’s monument for DECADES. As recently as June and July 2020
- “Nothing stands as a greater reminder to the Great Sioux Nation of a country that cannot keep a promise of treaty then the faces carved into our sacred land on what the United States calls Mount Rushmore,” said Harold Frazier, chairman of the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe in South Dakota, where the memorial is located. “The United States of America wishes for all of us to be citizens and a family of their republic yet when they get bored of looking at those faces we are left looking at our molesters,” Frazier wrote in a statement on June 29. –CNN
- Oglala Sioux President Julian Bear Runner said Mt. Rushmore is a “great sign of disrespect,” noting he believes it should be “removed.-USA Today
- The Biden-Harris regime is seeking ot punish not only Governor Noem, but the people of South Dakota for their opposition to Democrats COVID19, transgenderism, marijuana legalization and gun-control narratives. As well as Noem’s efforts to protect her state from Biden’s overreach through nullification measures.
- Finally, as stated earlier, the regime is OBSESSED with erasing the Trump Presidency, from his excecutive actions to the First Lady Melania’s Rose Garden renovation. There is a thirst on the left to blot out anything that President Trump or his family accomplished.
Governor Kristi Noem Steps Up to Defend Rushmore And It’s Glorious
Governor Noem tweeted,
Mount Rushmore is the very best place to celebrate America’s birthday and all that makes our country special. Unfortunately, the Biden Administration cancelled our Mount Rushmore Fireworks Celebration.
So we're suing them to get the fireworks back. (1/) pic.twitter.com/MhzIj6DXeH
— Governor Kristi Noem (@govkristinoem) April 30, 2021
Unfortunately, the new administration departed from precedent and reneged on this agreement without any meaningful explanation. We're asking the court to enjoin Interior's denial of the fireworks permit and order it to issue a permit for the event expeditiously. (3/3)
— Governor Kristi Noem (@govkristinoem) April 30, 2021