A children’s defense group is planning to sue the FDA for recklessly endangering children if they grant the Emergency Use Authorization for the Pfizer COVID vaccine for children between the ages of 5 and 11.
Children’s Health Defense (CHD) chairman and chief legal counsel Robert F. Kennedy Jr., alongside member of the CHD Scientific Advisory Committee Dr. Meryl Nass, wrote a letter announcing the decision.
The letter, which is addressed to Chairman of the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) Dr. Arnold Monto, committee members, and all FDA staff, states:
“CHD will seek to hold you accountable for recklessly endangering this population with a product that has little efficacy but which may put them, without warning, at risk of many adverse health consequences, including heart damage, stroke, and other thrombotic events and reproductive harms.”
In the letter, the CHD outlines twelve reasons that the Food and Drug Administration should not authorize the vaccine for children. The organization also includes supporting evidence for each of the arguments laid out in the letter.
Here are those twelve reasons:
“1. The risks demonstrably outweigh the benefits of COVID vaccination for young children. Deaths and hospitalizations are rare and have been inflated inaccurately.
2. Nearly half of all children have natural immunity to COVID, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). There is no ethical justification for superfluous vaccination that will put children at elevated risk of vaccine harm.
3. Some children likely will die or be permanently injured from these vaccines based on the authorization for children 12-16.
4. The clinical trials for the pediatric vaccine were too small to detect safety signals for a population in the millions.
5. There are no long-term safety data for COVID vaccination of young children, making this an experiment rather than appropriate medical prevention.
6. Unethical coercive pressure will be applied to children and their parents, as has occurred with older children and adults. To grant authorization is to abet this unethical coercion that violates the Nuremberg Code’s first principle.
7. There is no available care for children injured by COVID shots. The science and medicine have not yet developed, and most families will be unable to cover the costs of potential catastrophic injuries.
8. VRBPAC members should not participate in an exercise disguising a foregone conclusion. The president’s purchase of 65 million pediatric doses, the CDC guidance for COVID vaccine delivery, the American Academy of Pediatrics’s promotion of COVID vaccination for children all call into question whether this committee’s deliberations mean anything.
If the administration is unprepared to wait for your advice, let alone heed it, you should signify your disapproval on behalf of the country the FDA is meant to protect.
9. First, do no harm. You are physicians who owe a duty to patients and medical ethics. If you authorize these shots, given all you know, will you be upholding your oath? If not, is it possible that your acts could later be seen as reason to remove your medical licenses?
10. The liability-free nature of your deliberations may not stand the test of time. In the fullness of time, your decisions may not have the liability protection that they currently enjoy. Under the PREP Act of 2005, all actors advancing an EUA agenda for medical countermeasures enjoy liability protection, absent willful misconduct.
Nonetheless, if at a later point these shots are deemed non-therapeutic gene products that you knowingly and recklessly authorized, and which were then distributed to children as a direct result of your decision, it is possible that liability could later attach.
11. There is no COVID emergency for children of this age.
12. There are safer drugs that could be used prophylactically and therapeutically for COVID in children. There is extensive and compelling medical evidence for this assertion — and the choice to eschew use of these drugs in favor of a demonstrably dangerous vaccine is arbitrary and capricious.
We ask that you carefully consider all the information above before making any recommendation to authorize Pfizer’s vaccine in the 5 through 11 year age group at your meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 26.”
The full text of the letter and the arguments can be found here.
Since the Children’s Health Defense made the announcement, the FDA has granted the Emergency Use Authorization for the Pfizer vaccine for children between the ages of 5 and 11 years old. There has been no word as of yet on the lawsuit that CHD announced.