Mainstream media and Democrats are throwing the equivalent of a toddler’s fit, flipping the playing board, yanking the console out and storming off to their rooms. And now they want a “Truth Committee”. “If Trump’s actions are not impeachable, then nothing is, and we may as well strike that provision from the Constitution.” read a CNN op-Ed. Doug Jones, well known for his
liberal progressive-socialist-leftist opinion pieces screeds has made this outlandish claim in the lead-up to the then imminent and now confirmed second acquittal of President Donald J. Trump.
Here are a few examples of the proven-false narratives driven by the CNN piece specifically.
- “The former President’s support for the “fine people” whose conduct resulted in the tragedy in Charlottesville and subsequent occasions when he condoned violent behavior.” A proven hoax.
- “Trump’s supporters twice stormed the Michigan State Capitol to protest the state’s stay-at-home order — designed to help combat Covid-19 pandemic — and plotted to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. Then-President Trump never condemned the actions of those who showed up at the state’s Capitol, but rather praised the group”. A thoroughly dismantled lie, as the group also wanted to “Hang Trump”
- So called “baseless allegations that the election would be stolen.” Very well grounded allegations that have been reported widely.
To say that Jones was reaching is an understatement, it is more accurate to describe the op-ed as a flailing floor pounding spittle flinging grand-mal temper tantrum of epic proportions. It is in many ways echoed across the Twitter-verse, (long since reduced to an increasingly irrelevant leftist echo chamber) with #DonaldJTrump and #GOPBetrayedAmerica and #GOPDomesticTerrorists trending for days after the fact.
Going From Tantrum to Potentially Terrifying
This is the kind of tantrum that has led Democrat Rep. Sara Jacobs (D-CA) to call for a “Truth Commission” and the New York Times Editorial board suggesting the Biden-Harris regime appoint a “reality czar“.
“Freshman U.S. Rep. Sara Jacobs on Sunday told CNN’s Brian Stelter on his “Reliable Sources” program that we need a “truth commission” to put down “extremist ideology” so Americans can all have a “common narrative” about what is true and what isn’t.”
Jacobs told CNN’s Brian Stelter “we know the violence on [Jan. 6] was predicated on the idea of the ‘big lie’ — the fact that this election was stolen despite the fact that Donald Trump’s own Department of Homeland Security says it was not. You need to be able to perpetuate that kind of lie in order to get the kinds of reactions that you did. I think we need to look at far-right media — which I know, Brian, you have been such a leader on calling out — and also the role of social media and the whole ecosystem of social media where the kinds of information and the kinds of posts that get the biggest reactions are the ones that are prioritized by their algorithms.”
Stelter clearly enjoying the flattery replied “it’s about a ‘whitelash,’ about a white Christian America reaction, backlash, to a changing country personified by Trump. But … none of this is going away now, even though the [second impeachment] trial is over and even though one phase of Trumpism is over. ”
“We define an extremist ideology as one that is unable to reflect the truth. I think that’s exactly what we’re seeing here.”
— Reliable Sources (@ReliableSources) February 14, 2021
What an American ‘truth commission’ would look like
Rep. Jacobs explained that her understanding of “extremism” as “We define an extremist ideology as one that is unable to take in competing ideas and reflect the truth. And so, I think that’s exactly what we’re seeing here.” and added “And when you look at what correlates to extremist ideologies around the world. It’s things like a threat to your sense of identity, a lack of ability to have critical thinking skills, common social networks with other people who are part of these kinds of groups and are spreading this kind of ideology.”
In short, this is what the leftists think of you, and us and anyone else that disagrees with them.
- Everyone who disagrees with leftist talking points are extremists under Jacobs’ definition because you are “unable to take in competing ideas and reflect the truth”- Only when it’s the left’s idea of the truth, not objective truth. (Remember: gender is a social construct, men can get pregnant and have periods. And women don’t always have vaginas. Words are violence and they are entitled to your labor.)
- Evidently we do not have an “ability to have critical thinking skills”. – This is pure projection, plain and simple.
- “Extremists” having “common social networks with other people who are part of these kinds of groups and are spreading this kind of ideology.” Which is why Parler, Gab, Minds, Bitchute, MeWe and all other forms of “free-speech Social media” are a threat.
“Because we haven’t really done the reckoning with the racial injustice and white supremacy of our past that we need to do,” Jacobs replied. “And so … a truth commission — a lot of people will think of South Africa — we’ve used them in countries around the world. And basically … it’s communities all the way up to the national level having conversations about both the gory and the glory of our history and what happened — both throughout the history of our country and leading up to and on January 6 — so that we can come to a common narrative, moving forward, of what we want our country to be.”
That’s how it works, watch the left’s tantrum go from pitiful and a bit funny, to outright terrifying once you realize they currently have the full power and force of the American government, hijacked by the Biden-Harris regime at their fingertips. Buckle Up.